1. Any reference to Company/Seller/We/Us shall mean ProBolt Fasteners Ltd (referred to as Pro-Bolt), Unit 9d, Delta Drive Industrial Estate, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. GL20 8HB - UK. Company Registration No.12355455 UK VAT No.GB 338897732 who sell or supply specialist motor equipment and accessories in the course of their trade or business.
2. Any reference to You/Buyer shall mean any person, sole trader, partnership, business, body corporate or other entity detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form and shall include all successors, heirs and assignee's. Where the term Buyer appears within these terms it shall mean both Trade Buyer and Consumer Buyer unless specified as relating to a Trade Buyer or Consumer Buyer individually.
3. Where the Buyer purchases in the course of a trade, profession, vocation or sport (where the Buyer is a specialist or enthusiast) it is agreed that such a Buyer shall mean a Trade Buyer and that any Implied Statutory Rights will not apply to that contract (“Trade Buyer”). In respect of a contract with a Trade Buyer the Pro-Bolt Business Terms and Conditions shall also apply to that contract and if there is any conflict between the terms of the Pro-Bolt Business Terms and Conditions and these Pro-Bolt Consumer Terms and Conditions the Pro-Bolt Business Terms and Conditions will take precedent
4. Where a person deals entirely as a consumer (“Consumer Buyer”), we are under a legal duty to supply Goods that are in conformity with this contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights known as statutory rights which include, but are not limited to, rights regarding Goods that are of satisfactory quality, are fit for purpose and are as described (these rights are implied into a contract by the Sale of Goods Act 1979) and rights regarding defective or faulty Goods (these rights implied into a contract by the Consumer Protection Act 1987 (“Implied Statutory Rights”). Advice about your Implied Statutory Rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. These Implied Statutory Rights shall remain unaffected for Consumer Buyers by this contract.
5.Goods or equipment ordered shall mean the items detailed in the appropriate section of the sales/order form and it shall be a core term of this agreement that all additional parts, connecting components or ancillary items, not detailed within the sales order form, shall be additional to this agreement (“Goods”).
6. Price shall mean the consideration due for purchase and shall include VAT where a Buyer purchases through or via the brochure or catalogue. Buyers should note that prices referred to may vary during the currency of brochures (upwards or downwards). The price is exclusive of the cost of delivery and exclusive of Value Added Tax, customs duties and all other taxes, duties and expenses in respect of the Goods all of which (where applicable) shall be added to the order and be included in the total payment due from the Buyer in respect of such order.
Confirmation of Order & Price
7. In respect of orders placed via the Internet, such orders shall be mere offers to purchase and shall not be accepted or binding upon Pro-Bolt until confirmed or acknowledged in writing by Pro-Bolt by means of invoice or statement confirming acceptance of your order or by dispatch of Goods to you. Confirmation by Pro-Bolt that an offer to purchase and/or payment has been received by Pro-Bolt shall not amount to confirmation or acceptance of an order
8. Current prices are quoted at the time of submission of order and whilst we use our best efforts to ensure that the prices of Goods are correct at the time when the relevant information is entered onto the order management system Pro-Bolt reserves the right to refuse any offer to purchase prior to the issuing of written confirmation of acceptance or despatch of the Goods if we discover an error in the price of Goods you ordered, if the Goods become unavailable, if there is an error in the description, if the price of the Goods has varied or for any other reason. If we refuse an offer to purchase a full refund of your payment will be made to you, in the method payment was originally made to Pro-Bolt
9. These conditions shall apply to all of Pro-Bolts quotations and contracts, orders (including telephone, facsimile transmittal, postal and internet orders) for the sale or supply of Goods accepted by Pro-Bolt. For the Trade Buyer, any other terms or representations, whether implied by statute, made prior to, collateral with or subsequent to the contract or order are hereby excluded and shall not be binding upon Pro-Bolt. The placing of an Order for or the acceptance of the Goods by the Buyer shall indicate unqualified acceptance of these terms and conditions.
10. Brochure descriptions, Web Site information and samples on display are indicative only and any specifications, weights, measurements and technical data (whether relating to performance or otherwise) have been prepared by Pro-Bolt and are for guidance only. Additionally, parts or components pictured or described within brochures or websites are for illustration purposes only and may vary in size, specification, colour and fitment dependent upon the make and model of your vehicle. Buyers are therefore required to check current specification, colours, weights and measurements with manufacturers or Pro-Bolt, prior to order. Manufacturers also allow tolerances within the manufacturer of their Goods and also reserve the right to amend specifications, without notice, in order to improve Goods or where amendment becomes necessary and Pro-Bolt shall endeavour to inform the Buyer of any such amendment or change.
11. Pro-Bolt reserves the right to amend technical or clerical errors in any order without notice. In addition, the Buyer shall ensure that all details contained within the order are correct prior to submission to Pro-Bolt. Subsequent to delivery, Pro-Bolt shall accept no liability for any error or inaccuracy in any order.
12. Pro-Bolt does not offer any guarantee on its Goods.
13. All guarantees for non Pro-Bolt branded Goods are provided entirely by the manufacturers/UK importers and are subject to terms contained therein. Buyers are reminded to complete and return all warranty cards/documents upon receipt of Goods where appropriate.
Cancellation of Orders and Returns
14. A Consumer Buyer shall have the right to cancel for any reason a contract for Goods bought online or by catalogue in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (“Consumer Right of Cancellation”). Your right to cancel starts on the date on which we confirm acceptance of your order and ends fourteen days after the delivery of the Goods. If your order is delivered in separate instalments of Goods then the end date for cancellation will be fourteen days after the day on which the last instalment of Goods is received by you. This cancellation right does not apply in the case of Special Order Goods which shall not be returnable under the terms of this clause.
15. If you wish to exercise your Consumer Right of Cancellation under clause 14 you need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this would be to inform Pro-Bolt in writing by email, detailing the Consumer Buyer’s name, address and sales order number in the notification. You can also inform us of your cancellation by telephone, fax and post, the contact details you should use can be found here on our Contact Us internet page.
16. If a notice of cancellation is received by Pro-Bolt in accordance with clause 15 and the Goods have already been dispatched by Pro-Bolt then the Consumer Buyer shall become liable to return the Goods to Pro-Bolt forthwith, to such address as directed by Pro-Bolt in their original packaging (and without having been installed or used and with all relevant seals and enclosures intact, save that the Consumer Buyer is entitled to handle the Goods to establish their nature, characteristics or functioning). Please refer to our Delivery and Returns Page for instructions as to how to return the Goods (including obtaining a returns reference prior to returning the Goods)
17. Where goods purchased by the buyer are alleged to be defective, Pro-Bolt agrees to accept a return of such goods for inspection and report (without Pro-Bolt replacing the said goods prior to such inspection). The purchaser also accepts that it is reasonable to inform the seller of any interruption, defect or other failure prior to contacting independent third parties or incurring expense and, in addition, to allow the seller to remedy the defect, failure or interruption. Parts modified or adapted by the purchaser shall no longer be warranted by the manufacturer nor shall the Company be liable for any failures resulting subsequent to modification as a result of such modification.
15. Competition goods are supplied for specialist use and are subject to extreme heat and stress whilst in use. Life expectancy and durability are greatly reduced and purchasers should note that any claim for failure/wear, shall not be entertained by the Company. It is acknowledged by the buyer of such goods that the foregoing statement shall be a relevant and important issue in any claim brought against the Company and the Company shall, in turn, place importance upon this clause. In addition, parts connected to parts supplied by this company may be placed under stress where specialist/competition parts are used, and purchasers should take advice from experts prior to purchase. Manufacturers may also limit guarantees when components are installed for competition use.
16. Where goods are defective, incorrectly supplied, delayed or otherwise in breach of the implied terms of the buyers statutory rights, all losses which result from loss of competition points, awards, loss of entry fees or other similar losses, are excluded and shall not be reclaimable from the Company. In addition, the company shall accept no liability for death or personal injury unless caused directly by the Companies own negligence.
17. Pro-Bolt allows a Consumer Buyer in the UK to return Goods up to AMOUNT weight for free by using the Freepost Address detailed on the Delivery and Returns Page on the Internet Site. Any Goods over the specified weight or being returned from Consumer Buyer outside of the UK should be returned at the Consumer Buyer’s sole expense to the Standard Returns Address
18. The Consumer Buyer is required to return the Goods in accordance with clauses 16 and 17 within no less than fourteen days starting with the day after the Consumer notifies Pro-Bolt of the cancellation of the contract. If the Consumer Buyer fails to return the Goods within that time, Pro-Bolt shall be entitled to collect the Goods from the Consumer Buyer and to recover any reasonable costs involved in such collection from the Consumer Buyer
19. Within fourteen days of receipt of your notice of cancellation, or if the Goods have been dispatched to you within fourteen days of Pro-Bolt’s receipt of the returned Goods, Pro-Bolt shall refund you the price you paid for the Goods. Please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. Pro-Bolt shall also refund you any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the cost of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer
20. Where Goods purchased by the Buyer are alleged to be defective, Pro-Bolt agrees to accept a return of such Goods for inspection and report (without Pro-Bolt replacing the said Goods prior to such inspection). Please refer to our Delivery and Returns Page for returns. The Buyer accepts that it is reasonable to inform the Seller of any interruption, defect or other failure prior to contacting independent third parties or incurring expense and, in addition, to allow the Seller to remedy the defect, failure or interruption. Parts modified or adapted by the Buyer shall no longer be warranted by the manufacturer nor shall Pro-Bolt be liable for any failures resulting subsequent to modification as a result of such modification
21. If you have returned Goods to us under clause 20 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will (following our inspection and providing that inspection confirms the fault/mis-description) refund the price of the Goods in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the Goods to us (providing that the Freepost Address is used for return where available).
22. Goods purchased and delivered to the Consumer Buyer (that are not subject to the Consumer Right of Cancellation) may be returned if they are returned within 30 days and in complete, in a re-saleable condition and have not been fitted, installed or used and with all relevant seals and enclosures intact. If you wish to return items in accordance with this clause 22 please contact Pro-Bolt in advance in order to obtain a returns reference. A refund, credit or exchange (as requested) will be issued within fourteen days of receipt of the returned Goods however any delivery charges will not be refunded. The cost of return of these items shall be the same as set out in Clause 17 above.
23. Goods ordered by the Buyer may not be compatible with vehicles which have been modified, adapted or altered. Where Goods ordered by the Buyer are not compatible by reason of modification, adaptation or alteration (and are not subject to the Consumer Right of Cancellation), Pro-Bolt may accept such Goods back into stock entirely at its discretion, and Pro-Bolt shall either issue a refund or credit to the Buyer except where Goods are ordered to the personal specification of the Buyer (“Special Order Goods”) where no such refund, exchange or credit will be available or given
24. Special Order Goods shall not be returnable
25. If the Buyer purchases a display stand
a. the Buyer is entitled to display it in its business premises [until Pro-Bolt gives notice to the Buyer requesting its return/for a period of 6 months/ until all the items on the stand have been sold];
b. the Buyer is required at its own expense to keep the display stand in a good and presentable condition and to have it displayed in a location in the store that enables customers to easily access it;
c. Pro-Bolt will replace the stand base free of charge every 2 years;
d. If the Buyer wishes to restock the display stand the cost of doing so will be in accordance with the restocking list created by Pro-Bolt each year and displayed on the stocking list page
e. if the Buyer does not wish to continue to sell Pro-Bolt’s Goods using the display stand Pro-Bolt can, at its own discretion, agree to take any unsold stock back provided that it is complete, in a re-saleable condition and have not been fitted, installed or used and with all relevant seals and enclosures intact. Pro-Bolt is also entitled to charge a reasonable restocking fee to take the stock back;
f. Should, upon the collection or return of a display stand, Pro-Bolt believe that the display stand has not been kept in a good and presentable condition, or is damaged, Pro-Bolt shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the cost of the display stand
Title & Delivery
26. Ownership or Title to the product shall not pass to the Buyer until Pro-Bolt has confirmed acceptance of your order and received payment in full for your order
27. Delivery times will be estimated at time of order and all times given for dispatch and/or deliveries are approximate and time shall not be of the essence. Pro-Bolt will use reasonable efforts to deliver the Goods without undue delay and will try to ensure Goods are delivered no later than 30 calendar days from the date of acceptance of your order (“30 Day Period”) unless an extended delivery period is agreed between the parties
28. If the Goods are not delivered within either the 30 Day Period or a different period agreed between the parties the Buyer agrees to give Pro-Bolt at least 20 days written notice to deliver the Goods and making time of the essence Pro-Bolt (“the Extended Period”). If Pro-Bolt fails to deliver the Goods by the expiry of the Extended Period the Buyer shall be entitled to cancel the contract and Pro-Bolt shall issue to the Buyer a full refund. Goods The Buyer acknowledges in respect of Special Order Goods, that further delays may occur and allows Pro-Bolt 30 days in any written notice setting out the Extended Period for delivery Pro-Bolt.
29. In any event, delivery times are approximate and variable. Risk shall pass to the Buyer immediately when delivery is affected to the Buyer directly or to an independent delivery contractor as agent for the Buyer
30. The Buyer is required to notify Pro-Bolt, in writing, of any shortage, mis-delivery or other discrepancy immediately, or at the latest within fourteen days of receipt of delivery. Thereafter Pro-Bolt shall not be liable for any such discrepancy. Where delivery is affected to the Buyer’s own independent delivery contractor, loss or damage in transit claims should be made directly to the carrier however Pro-Bolt will use reasonable efforts to assist Buyer the Buyer in making a claim against the carrier. Buyers should retain all packaging in the event of a claim or return within the terms of this agreement
31. Delivery and packing prices indicated within Pro-Bolt's Brochure and contained within the Delivery and Returns Page on the Internet Site are subject to change and will be confirmed at the time of order.
32. Buyers outside the United Kingdom and Europe shall be quoted approximate prices for delivery and packing and for timescales of delivery prior to order confirmation, Pro-Bolt in such instances confirmation of acceptance of such quote shall be required from the Buyer prior to Pro-Bolt’s acceptance of order.
Limitations upon Liability
33. Advice given by agents or representatives of Pro-Bolt during telephone/internet orders is based entirely upon information given by the Buyer with no inspection undertaken. As such, all advice given is indicative only and all such advice should be checked by the Buyer prior to order. Where advice is given after visual inspection by agents or representatives of Pro-Bolt, such advice shall amount to an opinion only. Additionally, Goods are supplied only to correspond to the purpose for which Goods of that kind are commonly supplied and not alternative uses to which they may be put. No liability for failure can be accepted by Pro-Bolt for such alternative use, amendment or modification
34. For Trade Buyers, Pro-Bolt is hereby excluded from any liability, howsoever arising, in respect of any express or implied condition, warranty or term, statement, representation whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the Goods supplied. The Trade Buyer accepts that he is best placed to insure against losses which arise by virtue of any breach of this agreement and warrants that he carries adequate insurance in this respect.
35. Competition Goods are supplied for specialist use and are subject to extreme heat and stress whilst in use. Life expectancy and durability are greatly reduced and Buyers should note that any claim for failure/wear, shall not be entertained by Pro-Bolt. It is acknowledged by the Buyer of such Goods that the foregoing statement shall be a relevant and important issue in any claim brought against Pro-Bolt and Pro-Bolt shall, in turn, place importance upon this clause. In addition, parts connected to parts supplied by Pro-Bolt may be placed under stress where specialist/competition parts are used, and Buyers should take advice from experts prior to purchase. Manufacturers may also limit guarantees when components are installed for competition use.
36. Where Goods are defective, incorrectly supplied, delayed or otherwise in breach of the contract and/or the Consumer Buyers Implied Statutory Rights, all losses which result from loss of competition points, awards, loss of entry fees or other similar losses, are excluded and shall not be reclaimable from Pro-Bolt. In addition, Pro-Bolt shall accept no liability for death or personal injury unless caused directly by Pro-Bolt’s own negligence.
37. Pro-Bolt strongly recommends that you seek the assistance of a fully qualified mechanic trained in servicing and maintaining your particular vehicle when fitting any Pro-Bolt product. Pro-Bolt will not accept any liability should you incorrectly install any product
38. Pro-Bolt does not accept any responsibility for any labour charges incurred during fitment or removal of Goods in any circumstances, including (but not limited to) whether Goods are allegedly faulty or incorrectly supplied.
39. No liability is accepted by Pro-Bolt where Buyers attempt to modify or install components supplied where it is known or thought reasonably to be known to that Buyer that the part supplied is incorrectly supplied or otherwise not in accordance with the order
40. Pro-Bolt accepts no liability in respect of failure to supply or other interruptions caused by matters beyond the reasonable control of Pro-Bolt, including but without limitation, strikes, lockouts, civil disputes, acts of nature, war or actions by third parties
41. The Buyer confirms that they shall comply with any or all rules and instructions relating to installation and use of the Goods concerned and fully accepts that any loss which results from forced, misdirected, inappropriate or unqualified installation or use shall not be accepted by Pro-Bolt.
42. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement shall confer a benefit on any person or persons not named as the Buyer herein (for the purposes of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or for any other purpose).
43. These terms and this agreement (including an agreement concluded by means of distance communication) shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law and industry custom and practice, and English and Welsh courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising therefrom.
44. These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Goods to you. Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Goods from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Goods from our site..
45. You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
Copywrite to ProBolt Fasteners Ltd, Unit 9d, Delta Drive Industrial Estate, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. GL20 8HB -UK.
Company Registration No.12355455 UK VAT No.GB 338897732